In celebration of world sleep day we have a number of useful resources to help you gain a better nights sleep. A good nights sleep is really important for our health and wellbeing.
At Active Cambria we have a number of activities to help us relax and achieve a restful nights’ sleep such as our online Yoga sessions on a Friday lunchtime with Netty.
World Sleep Society recommends the following 10 steps to achieve healthy sleep
- Fix a bedtime and an awakening time.
- If you are in the habit of taking a nap, do not exceed 45 minutes of daytime sleep.
- Avoid excessive alcohol ingestion 4 hours before bedtime and do not smoke.
- Avoid caffeine 6 hours before bedtime. This includes coffee, tea and many sodas, as well as chocolate.
- Avoid heavy, spicy, or sugary foods 4 hours before bedtime. A light snack before bed is acceptable.
- Exercise regularly, but not right before bed.
- Use comfortable bedding.
- Find a comfortable temperature setting for sleeping and keep the room well ventilated.
- Block out all distracting noise and eliminate as much light as possible.
- Reserve the bed as your sleep space. Don’t use the bed as an office, workroom or recreation room.
Here is a helpful link for relating to Menopause and Insomnia
Menopause and Insomnia