Villaspaniol Cocker Spaniels
- Available to work 5 out of 7 assigned days, weekend work on a rota based on dog show/litter activity, between the hours of 6:00AM and 10.00PM depending on season.
- Full time position of 37.5 hours.
- Part time hours and zero hours as per contract
- Available to work occasional overtime during owner holiday
- Work is mainly outdoor based, therefore must be able to work in cold/wet conditions, especially in the Winter months.
Skills, interests and qualities
To be a kennel Assistant you should have:
|· confidence in handling animals
· good team working skills
· organisational skills
· the ability to communicate with a broad range of people
· good observational skills to notice changes in animals’ behaviour
· the ability to cope with the physical demands of the job
· the initiative to work well on your own.
Your work will include:
Day to Day Dog Care
|· preparing food and feeding the animals
· keeping animals clean and grooming them
· exercising dogs in a yard or taking them for walks
· looking after animals which are elderly, ill or distressed
· Feeding & care of boarded & hospitalized pets
· Bathing animals
· Trimming nails
· Able to learn about the different diets and medications being given
· Administration of oral & topical medications
· Safe handling of aggressive animals
· Assisting with restraining animals
· Keeping animal records
|· cleaning out kennels and cages
· Safe use of chemicals used in routine cleaning
· maintaining the cages, runs and grounds
· Mopping floors, cleaning shelves, and equipment
· Cleaning kennels soiled with faeces, urine, or vomit
· Cleaning Kennel gutters
· Doing laundry
· Lifting up to 16kg without assistance
· Able to be standing during entire work shift
· Clearing of animal waste from kennels, runs and exercise areas
Communication and Health and Safety
- Communicate in a timely manner with employer and co-workers
- Answering telephone calls and greeting visitors to the premises
- Assess all areas of the kennels and runs to identify areas of potential loss and take action to reduce risk.
- Ensure equipment is kept in good working order and stored in a safe manner and report faults to employer
- Responsible for all reporting any incidents and security matters to the employer
- Ensure the workplace is clean, tidy and safe at all times maintaining standards as directed
- Understand and implement Health and safety responsibilities, understand evacuation procedures, working in a safe and responsible manner
The principle accountabilities outlined above are not exhaustive. Kennel Assistants will be required to carry out any other reasonable tasks or duties as requested by Management
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.